Subject: Re: bug#20772: 24.4; KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS on OS X 10.10.3

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 11:11:27 +0100

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 10:55:52AM +0200, Blaz Merela wrote:
> I've tried version 25.0.95 from https://emacsformacosx.com/builds
> and now Emacs at least quits itself on boot and doesn't hog the CPU
> anymore. If no one else is reporting this, then it must be my local
> .emacs (or other configuration) at fault. Maybe time to try
> Spacemacs. Using OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)

cc'd the list back in. Please hit 'reply all' or equivalent when
replying.

Emacs really shouldn't be crashing on startup. Can you try running it
using -q? The easiest way to do it is in terminal.app with
something like:

/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -q

depending on where you have Emacs.app installed. This bypasses your
configuration and should let us know for certain if it's something in
there that's causing the problem.
-- 
Alan Third