Subject: bug#20768: RFC: Multithreaded grep

From: Zev Weiss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 12:47:29 -0500

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:44:28AM -0500, Zev Weiss wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 12:05:57AM -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:
>>Thanks very much for looking into this.  I'll take a look at it in 
>>more detail once the paperwork goes through.  I use grep -r a lot, 
>>and would appreciate the speedup.
>
>OK, I've received confirmation from Donald Robertson at the FSF that 
>the assignment process is complete.  I've rebased that branch on 
>github with a few minor style & bug fixes since my initial email, but 
>it's still basically as described.
>
>Zev
>

Any further thoughts on this now that the paperwork's done?  I realize 
reviewing large patches is non-trivial, but if there's anything I can do 
to ease the process (e.g. changes to how the patches are organized) 
please let me know.

Thanks,
Zev