Subject: bug#20757: "unable to fork" on armhf

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 22:09:37 +0300

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:33:58 +0200
[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > I recompiled the kernel, still getting failed to fork. I'm missing
> > something board specific about using the new kernel. I'll figure it out
> > soonish.
> 
> Did you have a chance to look further into it?
> 
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look at it more yet. I've been having
trouble with getting the board to accept my kernel for booting, so now I'm
looking at using one of the other images available (ubunutu, suse) and seeing
if they have the required kernel settings enabled. Given the problems I've
been having, when I do get it to work I plan on following their instructions
for getting the board to boot from a thumbdrive/sdcard and using that as a
target for guixsd. The two things I see as potential blockers down that road
is figuring out uboot, and I'll also have to make a separate rockchip.scm
with the 3(?) programs I needed to compile from source to get the video
working correctly.

Currently I'm on vacation for almost another 3 weeks, and I left the arm
board at home, so I can't work on it too much atm.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted