Subject: Re: bug#20755: 11.88.6; Running "Check" command crashes aspell.exe

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 16:14:28 +0200

Дарио Ѓорѓевски <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi!

> and I am running a 64-bit Windows 8.1 with MSYS2 (all binaries are
> 64-bit). Running `ispell-buffer', `ispell-region' and the likes
> manually works well, so I am assuming the error lies within
> AUCTeX. Flyspell works fine also.

That's strange.  AUCTeX's Spell command simply calls `ispell-buffer' for
any buffer displaying a file belonging to the current document.  So if
`ispell-buffer' works, i.e., aspell doesn't crash, then I can't see why
it should crash for the Spell command.

> After aspell crashes, Emacs freezes, and I have no idea where exactly
> to look for errors.

When emacs is frozen, you can usually get it responsive again by typing
`C-g' possibly a few times.  And then you could check if you get some
more information.  How did you conclude that aspell is crashing in the
first place?  Has some error message been printed?  If so, that will
also be appended to the *Messages* buffer.  If would be helpful if you
could post the exact error message if there's one.

Bye,
Tassilo