Subject: Re: bug#20755: Additional information

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 16:20:55 +0200

Дарио Ѓорѓевски <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi!

> Thanks a lot for getting back to me. I did some more testing, and the
> results are very odd. Contrary to what I said previously, M-x
> ispell-buffer does not work either under TeX-mode. There were no
> problems in *any* other modes I tested. For example,
>
> open a TeX file -> TeX-mode (AUCTeX) gets loaded automatically -> M-x
> ispell-buffer causes aspell.exe to crash -> unfreeze Emacs using C-g
> and change to, say, text-mode by running M-x text-mode -> M-x
> ispell-buffer works fine open a blank file -> M-x ispell-buffer works
> fine -> switch to TeX-mode by running M-x TeX-mode -> M-x
> ispell-buffer fails again open the *Scratch* buffer -> M-x
> ispell-buffer works fine -> switch to TeX-mode -> same issue

Well, then that's not an AUCTeX issue at all so I'm closing the bug.
But anyway, I think the major differences between "normal" modes and
tex/latex modes is that with the latter, `ispell-parser' is set to 'tex
which causes spell-checking to ignore latex macros like \documentclass
or environment names.

For example, when you do

  M-: (let ((ispell-parser 'tex)) (ispell-buffer)) RET

in some text-mode buffer, do you also get the crash?  I guess so.  Then
it's probably an aspell on windows issue...

Bye,
Tassilo