Subject: bug#20752: 24.3; Display of combining characters on OS X after 24.3

From: Pavel Iosad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 21:11:32 +0100

Hello,

>> > Does "C-u C-x =" say that the base character and the diacritical are
>> > composed? 
>> 
>> Yes.
>
> But the composition data is different.  Isn't that strange?  Can you
> try figuring out why?

I could try, but I'm not at all familiar with how this bit of Emacs is
supposed to work (sorry!), so I wouldn't know where to start -- is there
a particular thing I should try to look at? (It doesn't seem to be an
issue with showing the combining character as such -- turning off
auto-composition-mode does what you expect, showing the combining
character fine.)

Thanks!

Pavel
-- 
Pavel Iosad
Roinn a' Chànanachais agus Cànain na Beurla
Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann
Togalach Dhùghaill Stiùbhairt
3 Sràid Theàrlaich
Dùn Èideann EH8 9AD
Alba

http://www.ppls.ed.ac.uk/people/pavel-iosad

Is e buidheann carthannais a tha ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann,
clàraichte ann an Albainn, le àireamh clàraidh SC005336.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.