Subject: 24.4; IM-Python

From: Enno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 23:09:57 +0200

Dear Maintainers,

The IM-Python has become buggy.

I've got several python scripts in a project of up to 82635 Bytes, containing quite a lot of functions.  emacs23 showed menu entries from ... to ... that each produced submenues with all the enclosed functions listed.  Now only the first of these menu entries shows 25 functions, the second and poss further don't show any submenu at all.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2015-03-07 on binet, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11500901
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.1 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
Sorry, this is private and has nothing to do with the problem.

Recent messages:
Local value of py-indent-offset set to 4
Using the CPython shell
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow emacsbug vc-git python-mode info-look info cl-macs compile cl
gv comint ansi-color ring misearch multi-isearch add-log help-mode pp
cus-edit epa-mail epa derived epg epg-config nnmail gnus-int
gnus-range mail-source gnus gnus-ems nnheader wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib mailalias sendmail feedmail sort supercite easy-mmode regi
gnus-util mail-extr warnings qp rmailmm message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils which-func imenu cus-start cus-load
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 152998 17787)
 (symbols 24 24587 0)
 (miscs 20 184 1181)
 (strings 16 29790 8640)
 (string-bytes 1 1309341)
 (vectors 8 22336)
 (vector-slots 4 1228211 17094)
 (floats 8 92 577)
 (intervals 28 1982 0)
 (buffers 512 22)
 (heap 1024 27915 890))

-- 
      //       [email-masked]
    /\\\       Mag. Enno Deimel
  .\    o
 \\  \ _  \    Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.
\\\     \_/
gpg-fp: eefe b049 6fe6 fc0b 0ec4  f39e af6a c178 eb98 909a