Subject: bug#20749: 11.88; Meta Bug: Long standing preview bug with TIKZ (6 years!?)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 22:24:00 +0200

Dear Auctex team!

The preview feature is not working for people that have

\usepackage{tikz}

and some other common stuff in their document. This is really a pity.

How can we actually solve this problem?

At least a workaround?

Filing Bugs does not seem to lead anywhere, considering that it was filed
at least eight times (see below).

Apr 2015

   #20388 11.88; Preview images misaligned when tikz package is loaded
   http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20388

Mar 2015

   #20115 11.88; Preview images get mis-aligned
   http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20115

Jan 2015

   #19499 11.88; preview-buffer with tikz and \newpage produces off by one
    image placement.
   http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19499

Sep 2014

    preview latex fails part way through documen
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2014-09/msg00000.html

Apr 2014

    preview not working when using tikz/pgf3.
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2014-04/msg00012.html

Apr 2014

    Preview fails for all when using pgf 3.0.0
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2014-04/msg00000.html
    Downstream: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43189

Mar 2014

    Tikz and Maketitle problem
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2014-03/msg00007.html
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2014-06/msg00021.html

Mar 2009

    TikZ breaks preview
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-auctex/2009-03/msg00009.html

Thanks, Bye

Sehr

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.2)
 of 2015-04-20 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Package: 11.88

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2014-10-29"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-auto-save t
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master nil
 )