Subject: Re: bug#20747: 24.4; emacs24 seems to become unresponsive after having been iconised

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 12:14:44 +0200

On 2015-06-05, at 20:25, Enno <[email-masked]> wrote:

> emacs24:i386 (24.4+1-5) (debian) seems to become unresponsive after
> having been iconised (via C-z).  Apart from the most irritating
> flickering of the scrollbar which occurs continuously while typing.
> After having reinstantiated emacs from its iconised state the minibuffer
> does not echo anything typed.  emacs still reacts to C-x C-c and quits,
> but again no echo in the minibuffer.
>
> I'm using e17 as window-manager, but there was no such phenomenon with
> emacs23.  Now I'm running emacs24-lucid without trouble.
>
> Brgds, ed.

Hi Enno,

and thanks for the report.  It seems it went unnoticed - I'm sorry for
that.  Could you tell us whether this issue is still present in current
version of Emacs?

Best,

-- 
Marcin