Subject: Re: bug#20738: 25.0.50; grep/compilation output sometimes has text prop `compilation-message' on final line

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 19:03:32 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> I said:
>
>> I seem not to see the problem if there are not a lot of lines output
>> by `grep', but if there are a lot then I see the problem (don't ask
>> me how much is a lot - I certainly see it if there are, say, 6000 lines).
>
> Actually, it's not necessarily the case that the problem occurs only
> when there are a lot of output lines.  It happens sometimes and not
> other times, but it's not clear to me what the criteria are.

I've tried various greps (in the lisp directory), grepping for "defun"
or "def", the latter giving 35K hits, and I'm unable to reproduce this
bug.

Do you have a recipe?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no