Subject: 25.0.50; find-function fails on advised subrs (again)

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:49:05 +0200

Hello,

just as a random example:

  (advice-add 'handle-switch-frame :after #'prin1)

and M-x find-function 'handle-switch-frame RET

==> find-function-search-for-symbol: Don't know where
    `handle-switch-frame' is defined

Works without advicing.  I included the word "again" in the subject
because this had been fixed once in #789 in 2008.

It doesn't work because `find-function-library' performs the subrp test
just on the symbol function of the given function name, which is the
advice, not the original subr.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-05-30 on drachen
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)