Subject: 24.4; Stack overflow in regexp matcher

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 18:46:21 +0200

using projectile, trying to find a tag with C-p j

The TAGS file is 1.8GB.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2015-03-28 on heimdali
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
 --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-gameuser=:gamestat --without-compress-install
 --with-file-notification=inotify --enable-acl --without-dbus
 --with-gnutls --without-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos
 --without-kerberos5 --with-xml2 --without-selinux --with-wide-int
 --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --with-imagemagick --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-xaw3d
 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.4-r4 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
 -march=native' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
y q C-x 1 <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <down> C-c p j q q <escape> . <return> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <left> 
<left> <left> C-x b <return> C-x b <return> C-x b <return> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> C-SPC <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <escape> 
. L L F o n <tab> q q C-x b T A G <tab> <tab> S <tab> 
<return> C-x b <return> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> C-g 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> C-c 
p j <home> C-SPC <end> <escape> w <down> <down> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<escape> w <escape> x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <retur
n>

Recent messages:
Lazy desktop load complete
Quit
Making tags completion table for [some file]
Making tags completion table for [...]/TAGS...42%
Entering debugger...
Mark set
Beginning of buffer
Mark activated
End of buffer [7 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr emacsbug vc-dispatcher vc-svn
cperl-mode conf-mode info js byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv json
imenu make-mode sh-script smie executable debug gnus-dired etags
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs vc-git cc-langs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs nnir gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win message
sendmail format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit server two-column paren cus-start cus-load desktop
frameset dired boxquote rect package epg-config projectile advice
ibuf-ext ibuffer dash thingatpt fvwm-mode hi-lock lsl-mode
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup edmacro kmacro help-fns cl-macs
yasnippet help-mode easymenu cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib site-gentoo
bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 602091 50577)
 (symbols 48 147518 0)
 (miscs 40 1241 761)
 (strings 32 202695 50296)
 (string-bytes 1 5158936)
 (vectors 16 45193)
 (vector-slots 8 1104101 29866)
 (floats 8 1250 225)
 (intervals 56 25545 63)
 (buffers 960 223)
 (heap 1024 82413 1928))

-- 
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.