Subject: Re: bug#20703: 24.4; Stack overflow in regexp matcher

From: lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 23:26:10 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The TAGS file is 1.8GB.
>
> Could you give us an idea of how you get such a large TAGS file?

I'm not doing anything special I'd be aware of, only C-p R to (re)build
the TAGS file.

> Emacs's Lisp directory weights in at around 60MB, and its TAGS file is
> about 3MB, so assuming a similar ratio, your 1.8GB file seems to imply
> that the indexed code of your project is more than 30GB in size, which
> seems rather unusual.

It isn't --- the code is available here: https://github.com/Ratany/SingularityViewer

Projectile recognises the repo as a project and lets me build the TAGS
file.

> Do you also index files which are not human-written, maybe?

The compiled version resides in a subdirectory, so it's possible.  I
don't know which files are considered by default when creating the TAGS
file with C-p R.  I only just started trying out projectile; that
compilation results are included would be a bit unexpected.

-- 
Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
might swallow us.  Finally, this fear has become reasonable.