Subject: Re: bug#20694: 25.0.50; Please bind `p' and `n' in apropos-mode

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 01:40:20 +0200

Justin Timmons <[email-masked]> writes:

> I wrote up a quick set of functions which accomplishes this and added them
> to the apropos-mode keymap - see the attached patch file.
>
> The functions search forward (or backwards) for the 'apropos-symbol
> face; there could be a cleaner way to do this, but this seems to work
> pretty well.

Hi Justin,

Your patch looks good to me, and also seems to be working.  However, I
can only find one previous contribution from you, and together with
that you get more than the 15 lines in total contributed which we can
accept without a copyright assignment.

In order to accept your patch, we therefore need you to sign Copyright
assignments paper.  This is a simple and quick procedure technically.
You can find more information on the reasons why we do this here:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html

Would you be willing to sign such papers?  If yes, someone on this
list will help you get the process going.  Please let us know.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas