Subject: bug#20683: closed (Re: bug#20683: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 02:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#20683: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20683: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20683
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20683: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Diego Berrocal <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 22:11:29 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I just see this issue when reading a bash script like imgur-screenshot
> (
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jomo/imgur-screenshot/master/imgur-screenshot.sh
> )

Thanks.  I've just pushed a patch on "master" which seems to handle this
file correctly.

        Stefan

Subject: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed
From: Diego Berrocal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 04:40:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: Diego Berrocal
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; shell-script highlighting flawed
--text follows this line--

I just see this issue when reading a bash script like imgur-screenshot
(
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jomo/imgur-screenshot/master/imgur-screenshot.sh
)
The syntax highlighting looks aweful and looks like it's all inside a
double quote. Looks like this image https://i.imgur.com/MBwr5jH.png

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-05-13 on Jupiter
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  highlight-numbers-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  guide-key-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  firestarter-mode: t
  eyebrowse-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-strict-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  evil-jumper-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  global-evil-annoying-arrows-mode: t
  evil-annoying-arrows-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  engine-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup...done
[yas] Loading for `sh-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/sh-mode) (quote
sh-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/sh-mode
[yas] Loading for `prog-mode', just-in-time: (lambda nil
(yas--load-directory-1 (quote
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/prog-mode) (quote
prog-mode)))!
[yas] Loading compiled snippets from
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/prog-mode
Loading
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup...done
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading for
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20150415.244/snippets
[yas] Check your `yas-snippet-dirs': ~/.emacs.d/snippets is not a directory
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)... (some
errors, check *Messages*).
ad-handle-definition: `eval-defun' got redefined

Load-path shadows:
/home/io/.emacs.d/elpa/ht-20140122.1555/ht hides ~/.emacs.d/core/libs/ht

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug evil-iedit-state iedit
iedit-lib goto-addr auto-highlight-symbol clean-aindent-mode
git-gutter-fringe fringe-helper git-gutter highlight-numbers parent-mode
rainbow-delimiters ansible yasnippet help-mode sh-script smie executable
align tabify face-remap flyspell ispell async recentf tree-widget server
solarized py-yapf ox-koma-letter nyan-mode erc-yank gist gh-gist
timezone erc-tex demo-it cp2k-mode window-numbering etags
volatile-highlights vi-tilde-fringe undo-tree diff string-inflection
smooth-scrolling smartparens-config slime-autoloads python-environment
prodigy powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes page-break-lines
ox-ioslide-helper makey ox-ioslide f ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-trello org-trello-controller org-trello-proxy
org-trello-input org-trello-buffer org-trello-backend org-trello-api
org-trello-cbx org-trello-entity org-trello-query org-trello-data
org-trello-hash org-trello-action org-trello-log org-trello-setup
org-trello-utils parse-time org-tree-slide org-timer org-projectile
projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer org-capture org-gcal org-archive org-element
request-deferred deferred request mail-utils alert log4e gntp ob-ditaa
ob-sql ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-gnuplot ob-latex ob-js ob-haskell
ob-sh ob-python ob-R org-indent ob-mongo ob-http ob-http-mode ob-browser
mustache ido-vertical-mode hexrgb helm-open-github gh-pulls gh-issues
gh-repos gh-oauth gh-api logito gh-cache pcache gh-auth gh-common gh-url
gh-profile helm-mt multi-term term disp-table ehelp helm-dash helm-mode
helm-files tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell dired-x
dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark helm-locate helm-help helm-org
org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin grep helm-external
helm-net helm-utils helm helm-source guide-key-tip pos-tip guide-key s
ucs-normalize popwin gmail-message-mode ham-mode markdown-mode noutline
outline html-to-markdown flx-ido flx firestarter eyebrowse
exec-path-from-shell evil-surround evil-search-highlight-persist
evil-numbers evil-lisp-state smartparens evil-jumper
evil-indent-textobject evil-exchange evil-escape evil-args evil-anzu
anzu evil-annoying-arrows warnings cider-eval-sexp-fu eval-sexp-fu rx
highlight frame-fns avoid esh-help em-unix esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-arg
eldoc esh-util erc-yt json erc-view-log erc-social-graph erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-netsplit
erc-image image-dired dired url-queue browse-url erc-hl-nicks color
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp notifications dbus xml erc-track erc-match
erc-services erc-networks erc-autoaway erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec pp engine-mode edit-server ecb ecb-symboldef
ecb-analyse ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload
lisp-mnt ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde
ecb-method-browser hideshow ecb-semantic-wrapper ecb-semantic
ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar ecb-layout compile comint ansi-color
ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation ecb-common-browser speedbar sb-image
dframe ecb-navigate ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade
ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-mode semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet ecb-util diminish
define-word url-http tls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums url-gw company-web company web-completion-data calfw-ical url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs calfw holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs bongo mule-util lastfm-submit auto-dim-other-buffers info
tex-site adaptive-wrap easymenu evil-evilified-state finder-inf savehist
saveplace hl-line xt-mouse winner autorevert filenotify ido evil-leader
evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-command-window
evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core byte-opt evil-common windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro use-package bytecomp byte-compile cconv
bind-key easy-mmode dash vc-git wid-edit monokai-theme cl-extra
core-configuration-layer core-dotspacemacs package epg-config ht cl-macs
cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib core-spacemacs derived core-use-package-ext
core-micro-state corelv core-toggle core-fonts-support pcase
core-spacemacs-buffer core-funcs core-themes-support advice help-fns
core-auto-completion core-emacs-backports subr-x time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 859253 156978)
 (symbols 48 77121 0)
 (miscs 40 676 501)
 (strings 32 195437 99931)
 (string-bytes 1 7257696)
 (vectors 16 96280)
 (vector-slots 8 2157358 120506)
 (floats 8 1190 1124)
 (intervals 56 1416 73)
 (buffers 960 20)
 (heap 1024 102552 13521))