Subject: 23.0.60; dired-get-filename includes `*' for executable in name

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:54:12 -0800

emacs -Q
 
Create a file named `grep.exe' in some directory. The file content is
unimportant.
 
Use `C-u C-x d' to visit the directory, and specify `-alF' as the
listing switches.
 
Put the cursor on the line of the file named `grep.exe', which is
displayed as `grep.exe*' to show that it is executable.
 
M-: (dired-get-filename) returns "/the/dir/to/grep.exe*"
 
That is, the display artifact `*' is included as part of the file
name. This is also a bug in Emacs 22.3. It is a regression from Emacs
21.3.1.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-01-04 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'