Subject: YAML not included in tap-driver.sh

From: "Arthur Schwarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 22:44:12 -0700

15.4.3 Incompatibilities with other TAP parsers and drivers
YAML should be included in the list of incompatibilities.

TAP version < 13: http://testanything.org/tap-specification.html

Java

tap4j provides objects to create TestSets, TestResults, BailOuts and, using
a TapProducer, dump it into a java.io.File or String. It also provides
TapConsumer's to load TapStreams from Strings or java.io.File's. YAMLish is
interpreted and made available as diagnostics of each TestResult object of a
TestSet.

TAP version == 13: http://testanything.org/tap-version-13-specification.html

HARNESS BEHAVIOR

In this document, the "harness" is any program analyzing TAP output.
Typically this will be Perl's runtests program, or the underlying
TAP::Harness-runtests> method. A harness must only read TAP output from
standard output and not from standard error. Lines written to standard
output matching /^(not)?ok\b/ must be interpreted as test lines. After a
test line a block of lines starting with '---' and ending with '...' will be
interpreted as an inline YAML document providing extended diagnostic
information about the preceding test. All other lines must not be considered
test output.
 
Maintenance turns design into chaos