Subject: bug#20672: [PATCH] Support hiding deleted IMAP messages (v2)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:15:11 +0100

Nikolaus Rath <[email-masked]> writes:

> The previous patch did not take into account that an IMAP server is free
> to send the UID, FLAGS and RFC822.SIZE response data items in arbitrary
> order. This has been fixed in this version of the patch.

[...]

> +        (if (and nnimap-hide-deleted
> +                 (member "\\Deleted" flags))
> +            (delete-region (line-beginning-position)
> +                           (or (re-search-forward "^\r$\\|^)\r?$" nil t)
> +                               (point-max)))

Hm...  won't this make Gnus think that the articles doesn't exist?  So
they'll end up in the "unexist tracking" list?  I don't think that's
correct...

I think it would be better to just convey the information up to the Gnus
layer, and then Gnus could have a switch to not display these deleted
messages.

Or perhaps just pretend like all \Deleted messages are \Read?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no