Subject: Re: bug#20670: [PATCH] nnimap: enable additional expunge options (v3)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 01:41:42 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here's the backtrace:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Format specifier doesn’t match
> argument type")
>   format("%d .*\n" (t ("OK" ("HIGHESTMODSEQ" "914696") "Expunge"
> "completed.") ("VANISHED" "1825937") ("0" "RECENT")))
>   (looking-at (format "%d .*\n" sequence))

I've now re-applied the patch and debugged a bit.  It was basically
nnimap-delete-article having some code paths that can't have been
exercised.  The function had an optional SYNC parameter, but
nnimap-command was called (which is not asynchronous and does not return
any sequence numbers), and then these non-sequences were being waited
for.

I've now pushed the patch to the trunk, I've used it and send and
received some messages, and things seem to work fine.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no