Subject: Re: bug#20670: [PATCH] nnimap: enable additional expunge options (v3)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:45:59 +0100

Nikolaus Rath <[email-masked]> writes:

> On January 24, 2017 4:23:23 PM PST, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> There was a bug in the patch, so I've reverted it for now.
>>>>
>>>> Here's the backtrace:
>>>>
>>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Format specifier doesnt match
>>>> argument type")
>>>>   format("%d .*\n" (t ("OK" ("HIGHESTMODSEQ" "914696") "Expunge"
>>>> "completed.") ("VANISHED" "1825937") ("0" "RECENT")))
>>>>   (looking-at (format "%d .*\n" sequence))
>>>>   (not (looking-at (format "%d .*\n" sequence)))
>>>>   (progn (while (and (not (bobp)) (progn (forward-line -1)
>>(looking-at
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Can you tell me how to reproduce it? As I've said, it's been working
>>> fine here for over a year.
>>
>>I just hit `g'.  Whenever there's a new email that's split, it fails.
>
> Uh, OK. That's gonna take me a while to understand and fix. If you or
> anyone else feels like fixing this up, I will not be offended. I hate
> the way Gnus represents a "parsed" server response.

Well, I would guess that your change doesn't pass in the right numerical
parameter to the waiting function because my IMAP server (Dovecot)
outputs a different response than you're used to.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no