Subject: bug#20670: Status: [PATCH] nnimap: enable additional expunge options

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:21:59 -0500

Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Indeed.  There were about 100 Gnus-only bug reports, so I've never seen
>> them before.  *sigh*
>
> Would anybody mind if I reassigned them all back to emacs,gnus?  So they
> don't get "lost" again?

Personally I don't care what you do with them. :)
I like to discourage the use of packages as glorified tags, so perhaps
get rid of the "gnus" package altogether, and instead use a usertag or
just add "gnus" to the subject.

But it sounds like maybe the history here has been forgotten:

Gnus always had its own dedicated bug list, and some time ago [1]
we set things up so that would redirect to a "gnus" package at
debbugs.gnu.org. "emacs,gnus" was not appropriate, since eg these
reports might be about gnus with XEmacs or other issues irrelevant to
gnus-as-shipped with Emacs. See gnus-bug-package in gnus.el.

Anyway, that was the reasoning at the time.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-03/msg00598.html