Subject: Re: bug#20663: page.el (forward-page): Avoid skipping pages

From: John Mastro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:14:46 -0700

Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> My proposal is that a "page separator" would be a position in the buffer
> where (looking-at-p page-delimiter) is true, and if point is at such
> a place, then we consider it on the next page.  I.e., in this situation
>
> abcabcabc
> -!-^L
> cbacbacba
>
> the point is already on the second page (unlike the default Emacs
> behavior).

That seems somewhat confusing to me. Intuitively, I would expect the new
page to start after the delimiter, not immediately before it

For comparison, when (looking-at-p "$") returns non-nil, that means
point is at the end of the current line (i.e. before the "\n"), not the
beginning of the next one. (Of course, they're not exactly the same,
since page-delimiter can match multiple characters.)

-- 
john