Subject: bug#20662: 25.0.50; Remote copy through Dired fails

From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 17:00:09 +0200

On 30/05/15 12:40, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Hi Manuel,
> 
>> Yes, but I did "M-x locate-library RET tramp-sh RET" from an already
>> runnng version of Emacs which I didn't started from that directory.
>>
>> I rebuilt Emacs, set tramp-verbose to 10 and did the test again. Find
>> attached the debug trace.
> 
> Still not what I expect. I'm pretty sure you have an old Tramp version
> somewhere in the load-path. What does "M-x list-load-path-shadows"
> return wrt Tramp?
> 
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Manuel Uberti
> 
> Best regards, Michael.
> 

Sure thing, here the result:

Moccur Results for `tramp':

shadows:107:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cmds hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
shadows:108:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-compat hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat
shadows:109:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-uu hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
shadows:110:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cache hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
shadows:111:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
shadows:112:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-adb hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-adb
shadows:113:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gw hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gw
shadows:114:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-smb hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
shadows:115:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/trampver hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/trampver
shadows:116:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gvfs hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
shadows:117:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
shadows:118:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-ftp hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
shadows:119:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sh hides
/home/manuel/emacs/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh

Manuel Uberti
<[email-masked]>