Subject: bug#20662: 25.0.50; Remote copy through Dired fails

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 12:12:05 +0200

Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Manuel,

> I already tried leaving out everything after line 92. To be more
> precise, first I tried living out only my Dired-related settings, then
> everything in my ~/.emacs.d/lisp directory. The error still happens.

And it doesn't happen to. So it seems to depend on the file/directory
you intend to copy.

> I will try toggle debug-on-error on, but I am pretty sure I already
> tried that way and there was no stacktrace for that error. That is why I
> debugged line-by-line and narrowed the problem down to the line I
> mentioned in my first message.

You have said

| After some debugging, I nailed down the issue to this line of
| dired-copy-file-recursive:
|
| (copy-file from to ok-flag preserve-time)

That is not sufficient information; I don't know how
dired-copy-file-recursive was called, and I don't know the values of the
arguments.

I guess you have used edebug for debugging. When you have reached the
point you've mentioned, please press 'd'. This produces a backtrace.

> Manuel Uberti

Best regards, Michael.