Subject: Re: bug#20662: 25.0.50; Remote copy through Dired fails

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:57:33 +0200

Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Manuel,

> thanks for the prompt answer.
>
> What I usually do is open two Dired panels. On top I have my local
> directory, and in the bottom panel the remote one. I set
> dired-dwim-target to t in my config so the target for the operation is
> always the other panel.
>
> Then I basically press C on the file I want to copy. That's it, really,
> it doesn't get much complex than that.
>
> My configuration is here: https://github.com/manuel-uberti/.emacs.d
>
> All that is related to Dired, in particular, is in lisp/custom-files.el
>
> If you need me to do some other tests, please feel free to ask.

I've tried loading your init.el (after starting emacs -Q), but there was
an error:

eval-buffer: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, custom-functions

Obviously, I would need also your ~/.emacs.d/lisp directory. That's all
too much for me.

Could you, please, cut your init.el after line 92? Then try the test
again, and see whether the problem happens again.

If the problem doesn't happen, you could add the rest of the lines line
by line, and test again. Until there is the problem. Then we would know
the guilty package.

Another test would be to perform

(setq debug-on-error t)

prior the test. The backtrace in case of the error could tell us also
the story. Maybe.

> Thanks again
> Manuel Uberti

Best regards, Michael.