Subject: Re: bug#20660: 25.0.50; Window pops now issue "Args out of range" with popwin mode enabled

From: Kaushal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 17:03:14 +0000

Also,to add to what I posted originally, `toggle-debug-on-error` does not
help  in this case as all I get in the *Backtrace* is:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 1519)

Here's some new info:
- The Args out of range error seems to appear randomly.. I repeated doing
`C-h v save-place-mode`. At times the errors happened and at times it
didn;t.
- Also the integer in the argument to `args-out-of-range` showed up to be
different every time the error happened on doing C-h v on the same variable.

And "(setq debug-on-message "Args out of range")" does not trigger the
debug.
Is that because that message is printed by a C function?

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 05/26/2015 05:31 PM, Kaushal wrote:
>
> > I don't get these Args out of range messages if I do not load popwin;
> > but also these messages did not appear a week ago with popwin enabled.
>
> Same here, but I don't use popwin. 'emacs -Q' doesn't show these errors,
> so it must be some other package I have installed.
>
> I haven't investigated yet which one it is.
>