Subject: bug#20648: Consider adding font list to M-x customize-face

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 14:10:27 +0200

David Englund <[email-masked]> writes:

> The font list you find by going to Options - Set Default Font... from
> the menu bar is not visible at M-x customize-face.
>
> Can you please add it?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I think that would be nice -- we could have a button that pops up

(if (fboundp 'x-select-font)
    (x-select-font)
  (mouse-select-font))

and then uses the selected font to fill in the font attributes in the
face (family/foundry/weight etc) specification in the Customize buffer.

But I took a look at implementing this, and as usual, I got lost in the
way Widgets are defined, and I gave up.  If somebody else wants to take
a stab at this, I think it would make a nice addition.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no