Subject: Re: bug#16992: Feature request

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:50:40 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> David Englund wrote:
>
>> GNU Emacs cannot use background images AFAIK
>
> I think there was a patch for this some years ago, but it was never
> integrated (?). See eg
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-06/msg00485.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2003-08/msg00237.html
>
> Maybe someone would like to resurrect it.

It's apparently being kept up to date:

https://github.com/wachikun/emacs_bgex

Unfortunately all the text surrounding it, and even the doc strings are
in Japanese, so reviewing the code is difficult.

I've Cc'd the author of bgex, because it would be nice to have
backgrounds in Emacs windows.

Tadashi -- would you be interested in integrating the code into Emacs?
If that's the case, translating it into English would be a useful first
step.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no