Subject: bug#20646: closed (Re: bug#20646: List of groups/users should be validated)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 16:10:07 +0000

Your bug report

#20646: List of groups/users should be validated

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20646: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20646
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20646: List of groups/users should be validated
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 18:09:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Users/groups should be statically validated when the configuration is
> instantiated to avoid this kind of issues.

Done in 0c09a30.

Ludo’.

Subject: List of groups/users should be validated
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 17:41:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dave Thompson reported that an ‘operating-system’ declaration where a
user is declared with a ‘group’ that doesn’t exist leads to a failure at
boot-time (‘useradd’ fails.)  This is in GuixSD 0.8.2.

Users/groups should be statically validated when the configuration is
instantiated to avoid this kind of issues.

Ludo’.