Subject: bug#20643: 24.5; Please improve documentation of `pcase-let'

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:10:13 +0000

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> schrieb am Mo., 25. Mai 2015 um
04:39 Uhr:

> > The documentation of `pcase-let' is very terse.  Please expand it to
> > state what happens to each binding in the case that the pattern of a
> > binding matches, in the case where it doesn't match, and in the case
> > where there are no binding constructs in a pattern.
>
> I added:
>
>    The macro is expanded and optimized under the assumption that those
>    patterns *will* match, so a mismatch may go undetected or may cause
>    any kind of error."
>
>
>
Thanks. Though I think it would be better to be more defensive and
guarantee to raise a signal in the case of a mismatch.