Subject: bug#20637: incompatible, undocumented change to vc-working-revision

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:53:19 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 04/18/2016 03:28 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:
>
>> As you know I'm conservative with the emacs-25 branch. Is it absolutely
>> necessary that we do this?
>
> It would be a revert to the code that has been in use for a while.

The current code has been in use for 11 months. Beside this bug report,
nobody has worried about that. And the problems this bug report speaks
about are solved, I believe.

> Nothing absolutely necessary about that, but it might be prudent to
> revert the changes made without clear understanding why they should be
> made. Please correct me on this if I'm wrong, of course.

Again, it is a matter of not touching code so close to a release. 35+
years experience in software development tell me so. Often enough I've
changed just one single line, because "it is obvious it cannot be
wrong". Haha.

Best regards, Michael.