Subject: bug#20637: incompatible, undocumented change to vc-working-revision

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:46:56 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

>>  I'm also thinking about how to solve it (in master). vc-checkout-model
>> knows only three answers, implicit, locking and announce. I will ask on
>> emacs-devel, what is appropriate for RCS, and fix it then.
>
> Sorry, the failure was in working-revision5, I think. So it's
> unrelated to checkout-model.

Ah, sorry. But there is also an error with RCS and checkout-model.
That's why Glenn has marked vc-test-rcs04-checkout-model as expected to
fail a while ago.

>> For the time being, I have applied this part of your patch locally (not
>> pushed yet to savannah).
>
> Just the usage of vc-file-clearprops? Why?

Also the use of vc-call-backend. I didn't know that.

> Anyway, I've sent a better patch yesterday.

Yes, it's on my todo. I'm handling easy-to-answer messages first :-)

Best regards, Michael.