Subject: Re: bug#20637: incompatible, undocumented change to vc-working-revision

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:33:29 +0300

On 04/18/2016 03:27 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:

> I've checked it out from <https://gitorious.org/src-vcs/src-vcs.git>.
> See the README / INSTALL files.

OK, thanks.

>  I'm also thinking about how to solve it (in master). vc-checkout-model
> knows only three answers, implicit, locking and announce. I will ask on
> emacs-devel, what is appropriate for RCS, and fix it then.

Sorry, the failure was in working-revision5, I think. So it's unrelated 
to checkout-model.

Anyway, I don't see it with the latest patch.

>>> As said, in the master branch I would prefer to add a vc-unregister
>>> function. Then we won't need this anymore.
>>
>> We'll need this code either way. Where the function resides and how it
>> is called is less important to me.
>
> For the time being, I have applied this part of your patch locally (not
> pushed yet to savannah).

Just the usage of vc-file-clearprops? Why?

Anyway, I've sent a better patch yesterday.