Subject: bug#20637: incompatible, undocumented change to vc-working-revision

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:27:00 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> After applying your patch, vc-tests.el fails for me in vc-test-src02-state
>
> How do you install src? Do you build it from source?

I've checked it out from <https://gitorious.org/src-vcs/src-vcs.git>.
See the README / INSTALL files.

>> and vc-test-rcs03-working-revision.
>
> This one (failure in vc-checkout-model5) seems to be a real bug
> uncovered by using vc-file-clearprops. I suppose we should add a FIXME
> there and skip that check for RCS.

I'm also thinking about how to solve it (in master). vc-checkout-model
knows only three answers, implicit, locking and announce. I will ask on
emacs-devel, what is appropriate for RCS, and fix it then.

>> As said, in the master branch I would prefer to add a vc-unregister
>> function. Then we won't need this anymore.
>
> We'll need this code either way. Where the function resides and how it
> is called is less important to me.

For the time being, I have applied this part of your patch locally (not
pushed yet to savannah).

Best regards, Michael.