Subject: 24.5; pcase: nil should be an UPattern

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 20:27:48 +0200

The pcase help says that SELFQUOTING is a UPattern.  This works for
e.g. t, but not for nil.  E.g.,

(pcase nil (nil 1))

raises a `setting-constant' signal.  I think that nil should be
supported as upattern.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.1.0, NS apple-appkit-1344.72)
 of 2015-04-12 on p
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs
 --with-file-notification=gfile --with-dbus --with-gnutls --with-rsvg
 --with-imagemagick --without-popmail --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu debug pcase xterm
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify cocoa ns multi-tty
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80412 6720)
 (symbols 48 17807 0)
 (miscs 40 34 132)
 (strings 32 10771 4791)
 (string-bytes 1 282032)
 (vectors 16 7394)
 (vector-slots 8 343172 26626)
 (floats 8 63 594)
 (intervals 56 193 6)
 (buffers 960 12))