Subject: bug#20634: 25.0.50; Conflict between Tramp and EasyPG

From: Jens Lechtenboerger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 18:32:04 +0200

On 2015-05-25, at 12:47, Michael Albinus wrote:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Jens,
>
>> Thanks for the report; I could reproduce the problem using your
>> recipe. Could you, please, check whether the following patch fixes the
>> problem?
>
> There was a typo in the patch. I've fixed it in the Emacs repository;
> could you please test that version?

Hi Michael,

many thanks for your quick reply.  Unfortunately, that does not
solve my issue.  The new file still gets encrypted a second time.
I traced what happens:

In tramp-do-copy-or-rename-file-via-buffer, the call to
with-temp-file results in a call to epa-file-handler, where the
argument operation has the value 'write-region.  In
epa-file-handler, op is let-bound to 'epa-file-write-region, which
gets called without looking at inhibit-file-name-handlers.

I also tried to let-bind inhibit-file-name-operation to
'write-region in tramp-do-copy-or-rename-file-via-buffer, but that
did not work either.

Best wishes
Jens