Subject: 23.0.60; repeated compile failures after updates for Emacs.app

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:42:19 +0100

Hello!

After updating this European (UTC+1) morning to see Emacs.app display  
SVG images compilation fails:

echo "dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o  window.o charset.o  
coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o cm.o term.o  
terminal.o xfaces.o   dbusbind.o emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o keymap.o  
sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o fileio.o  
dired.o filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o search.o  
regex.o undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o eval.o  
floatfns.o fns.o font.o print.o lread.o syntax.o unexmacosx.o  
bytecode.o process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o  
doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o md5.o   
nsterm.o nsfns.o nsmenu.o nsselect.o nsimage.o nsfont.o fontset.o  
fringe.o image.o   terminfo.o lastfile.o    " > buildobj.lst
gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib  -prebind -framework AppKit -Xlinker - 
headerpad -Xlinker 6C8 -bind_at_load -dead_strip -multiply_defined  
suppress -L/sw/lib/ncurses -o temacs pre-crt0.o dispnew.o frame.o  
scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o  window.o charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o  
character.o chartab.o cm.o term.o terminal.o xfaces.o   dbusbind.o  
emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o  
insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o fileio.o dired.o filemode.o cmds.o  
casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o  
data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o  
print.o lread.o syntax.o unexmacosx.o bytecode.o process.o callproc.o  
region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o  
textprop.o composite.o md5.o  nsterm.o nsfns.o nsmenu.o nsselect.o  
nsimage.o nsfont.o fontset.o fringe.o image.o   terminfo.o  
lastfile.o        -L/sw/lib -lrsvg-2 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo - 
lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -L/sw/lib -ldbus-1 - 
lncurses  -L/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib -lfontconfig
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning -prebind  
ignored because MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable greater  
or equal to 10.4
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
_x_query_color
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [temacs] Error 1

It obviously comes from src/image.c (./src/image.c:86:extern void  
x_query_color (struct frame *f, XColor *color);) and shows that  
nsimage.m does not provide this function:

./src/xterm.c:1705:x_query_color (f, color)
./src/w32term.c:1550:x_query_color (f, color)

--
Greetings

   Pete       (:
         _    / __    -    -
       _/ \__/_/        -     -
      (´`)      (´`)   -    -
       `´        `´