Subject: bug#2063: 23.0.60; repeated compile failures after updates for Emacs.app

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:06:14 +0100

Am 29.01.2009 um 11:40 schrieb Adrian Robert:

>
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 11:28 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:
>
>> I have a patch for this, I'll commit it as soon as I can get some  
>> unrelated changes in or split them out.
>
> I checked it in, please try when you have a chance.

Emacs.app compiles. When I open /usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc/ 
images/gnus in dired-mode and visit gnus.svg I first see the XML  
source (XML Image[text] View). When I switch vie C-c C-c to (XML Image 
[svg] View) I see only a blank area.

When I visit gnus.xbm I first see its "source code" (C/I Image[text]  
View Abbrev). When I switch via C-c C-c to the image (C/I Image[xbm]  
View Abbrev) I see it incorrectly:

When I visit gnus.xpm I first see its "source code" (C/I Image[text]  
View Abbrev). When I switch via C-c C-c to the image (C/I Image[xbp]  
View Abbrev) I see it incorrectly, also no effect of transparent  
background (visible when a background colour is set):

The colours seem to be reproduced incorrectly for all XPM files.  
Similar failures happen with XBM files, for example those in  
ghostscript/8.61/lib. Here the XPM versions seem to display  
correctly. The pictures in /Developer/Examples/Java/ 
JavaAdvancedImaging/JAIDemo/images are displayed OK, other JPEG, PNG,  
GIF, and TIFF images as well.

BTW, an 'open <SVG image>' opens Safari – doesn't this mean that  
Apple has provided means to display SVG which could be implemented  
inside Emacs.app, as is already done for JPEG, PNG, GIF, and TIFF  
images?

--
Greetings

   Pete

If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then  
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.
				– Weinberg's Second Law