Subject: bug#20629: 25.0.50; Regression: TAGS broken, can't find anything in C++ files.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 22:23:56 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 22:00:23 +0300
> 
> On 05/26/2015 06:06 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > That'd mean either some very invasive change in the insane state
> > machine that runs C_entries, or, more likely, throwing it away and
> > re-writing it in a very different way.  I don't volunteer.
> 
> What if we only make that change in tag-implicit-name-match-p, then?

I don't see how that could be possible: tag-implicit-name-match-p is
language-agnostic.  You'd need to make it language-aware before it
could do such stuff for languages that need it.

> > Yes, I thought about this as well.  I think this is our best bet, and
> > shouldn't be too hard, as we already do similar things elsewhere.
> 
> Example?

It slips my mind for a moment, but there's some command whose
completion shows <f> for functions, <v> for variables, etc.

And it's not the only one, I'm quite sure I saw longer text after each
candidate, perhaps somewhere in 'company'?

> > Patches from completion experts are welcome.
> 
> Not an expert, but this should do it. I wonder if we'll get many junk 
> completions this way, in certain situations:

What kind of junk?