Subject: Re: bug#20628: 25.0.50; Incorrect line height for some fonts

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 12:40:46 +0300

> From: Oleh Krehel <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:16:44 +0200
> 
> I see 7x line height caused by any of these chars. Which was exactly the
> initial issue for all chars. Now most of them are fine, but these two
> are not. Actually now, I notice that they are fine in this buffer. This
> issue happens if I use them for `prettify-symbols-mode' stuff, like:
> 
> (font-lock-add-keywords
>  'emacs-lisp-mode
>  '(("\\\\\\\\|"
>     (0 font-lock-keyword-face t)
>     (0
>      (prog1
>          (compose-region
>           (match-beginning 0)
>           (match-end 0)
>           "∨")
>        nil)))))

I pushed a few more fixes to the branch, please try it.  The problem
in Buffer-menu-mode should be fixed now.

I don't see the problem with prettify-symbols-mode, though.  Is it
enough to "M-x prettify-symbols-mode RET" in *scratch*, and then type
"(lambda ", to reproduce the bad display?  If not, what else is
needed?  Can you show a screenshot?

I also don't see the problem with mode line and header line.  If I
evaluate '(set-frame-font "Latin Modern Math")', I get a very tall
frame (expected), but the mode line has reasonable dimensions, and if
I enter Info, the header line is also OK.  Is there any step I'm
missing?  Do you still see the problem with the current branch head?