Subject: bug#20628: 25.0.50; Incorrect line height for some fonts

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:20:11 +0300

> Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 18:20:02 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> The changes are in platform-independent code, but I could only test
> them on MS-Windows.  So users of Unix and GNU systems who are affected
> by this problem are encouraged to try the branch and report their
> experiences, whether good or bad.
> 
> I will look into merging the branch to master in a few days, barring
> any grave bugs.
> 
> TIA

A bug reported that generated 70 messages describing how important it
was to fix it, and yet no one -- not a single soul -- says anything
when the solution seems to be at hand?  Isn't that strange?

Would people who urged us to fix this please try the
scratch/large-fonts branch, and see if it's good enough to be merged
to master?  I can post the diffs here, if that would make things
easier for someone.

Once again, the Unix-specific portions of the changes are untested,
and need at least to be verified to do a reasonable job with the
offending fonts.

If there are no comments in a few days, I will proceed with the merge.

TIA