Subject: bug#20628: 25.0.50; Incorrect line height for some fonts

From: Oleh Krehel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 14:49:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Oleh Krehel <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Clément Pit--Claudel <[email-masked]>,
>>   [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 12:11:40 +0200
>> 
>> I have the same problem with DejaVu:
>> 
>>     -unknown-DejaVu Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-15-*-*-*-m-0-fontset-auto2
>> 
>> which is basically the most popular free font. And yet when I paste a
>> problematic char, like 𝝹 into gedit, configured also with DejaVu Sans Mono,
>> there's no issue. So it can be solved, since gedit does it.
>
> If someone tells how to fix that, that would be welcome.  Failing
> that, I will claim that gedit has a bug (did you try all the glyphs in
> that font, to make sure none of them come out cropped in some way?).

The test file with contents:
    asdf 𝞳

is displayed fine with "emacs -nw" when inside a GNOME Terminal.  Other
applications like Firefox, Gedit, and Chromium also display it fine.

Could you point me to a code position in Emacs where the line pixel
height is determined. I'll try to play around with it, maybe I can fix
it at least for GTK.