Subject: bug#20628: 25.0.50; Incorrect line height for some fonts

From: Oleh Krehel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 20:18:17 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Oleh Krehel <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 18:54:17 +0200
>> 
>> I attach a patch that sets ascent/descent to 0 specifically for the
>> problematic font family "Latin Modern Math".
>
> That's hardly TRT.

Why not? "Latin Modern Math" has likely been unchanged in ages and isn't
getting changed soon; and we know that it causes a bug.

> But what I'd really like to do is find out how do other applications
> avoid this problem.  I thought that's what we wanted to do in this
> thread.

Would be great to know this. Unfortunately, I can't do much to help. I
barely found how Emacs sets the font, thanks to you. I don't know if
it's easy to do with gedit.