Subject: Re: bug#20619: Scrollbars

From: Eugen Dedu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 17:35:49 +0100

On 28/12/16 16:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> From: Eugen Dedu <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:45:24 +0100
>>
>>> What is your version of GTK?  That commit points to a bug report
>>> (bug#20432), so this change is not a mistake, it did fix a real
>>> problem with scroll bars.  We could make it conditional on the GTK
>>> version, though.  The bug report mentions a specific GTK version.
>>
>> I use gtk 3.22.5.
>> [...]
>>>> What do you think?  Would you commit such a modification?
>>>
>>> I don't think we can simply revert the change in question, but maybe
>>> we could use different code based on GTK version.
>>
>> If I make an #ifdef with gtk 3.22, is that fine to do the commit?
>
> Only as the last resort, IMO.  I'd be much happier if someone could
> explain how come this is/was a problem for GTK+ v3.16.2, but not for
> v3.22.5.  Is it possible to ask someone on some GTK+ forum?  Or maybe
> someone who reads this can explain that?

Just for information, I looked also in the NEWS file of GTK and have not 
seen anything about the scrolllbars between 3.16.2 and 3.22.5.

-- 
Eugen