Subject: bug#20619: Scrollbars

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 17:41:13 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Eugen Dedu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 23:45:24 +0100
> 
> > What is your version of GTK?  That commit points to a bug report
> > (bug#20432), so this change is not a mistake, it did fix a real
> > problem with scroll bars.  We could make it conditional on the GTK
> > version, though.  The bug report mentions a specific GTK version.
> 
> I use gtk 3.22.5.
> [...]
> >> What do you think?  Would you commit such a modification?
> >
> > I don't think we can simply revert the change in question, but maybe
> > we could use different code based on GTK version.
> 
> If I make an #ifdef with gtk 3.22, is that fine to do the commit? 

Only as the last resort, IMO.  I'd be much happier if someone could
explain how come this is/was a problem for GTK+ v3.16.2, but not for
v3.22.5.  Is it possible to ask someone on some GTK+ forum?  Or maybe
someone who reads this can explain that?

> Everyone can test with a gtk-enabled emacs simply using "GDK_SCALE=2 emacs".

I can't, sadly.

Thanks.