Subject: bug#20614: Segmentation fault when building on Power8 Little Endian

From: Petr Hracek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 13:53:14 +0200

On 10/01/2015 09:43 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Petr Hracek <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:39:47 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> My deep observation with emacs package and binutils:
>> 1) binutils-2.23.52.0.1-30.el7_1.2.ppc64le.rpm works completely.
>> 2) binutils-2.23.52.0.1-40.el7.ppc64le.rpm works if row
>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src/unexelf.c?h=emacs-24#n869
>> is suppressed.
>>
>> With newer version of binutilsSom I can see the same series:(
>> like:
>> Dumping under the name emacs
>> emacs: Program segment above .bss in
>> /builddir/build/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/temacs
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src'
>> make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
>>
>> I have collected list of commits and messages against upstream:
>> #1200138
>> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=43a8475ca01b676fb764aaed0c4ed1cc16fc3c87 #1200138
>> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;h=eec2f3ed9f053653ed5d629eb50e08e3ee61e9bd #1203449
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1003499 # 1175624 .opd
>> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-01/msg00227.html
>> # 1175624 .got which implies .sdata, .sbss, .plt .iplt and .branch_lt also have
>> to move: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-01/msg00228.html
>> # 1175624 And .toc1: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-01/msg00232.html
>> #1194164 func@localentry expressions, which was added to FSF binutils with git
>> commit 45965137
>> #1183838 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=986213
>> # 1172766 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=989450 I hope it helps
>> you a bit.
> I think we need help from someone who understands the Binutils part of
> this.  Can you ask some of the Binutils maintainers please join this
> discussion and analyze the problem?
Some update regarding this bug.
I have add some defines like:
$ cat emacs-segment-bss.patch
diff --git a/src/unexelf.c b/src/unexelf.c
index d365940..55d7ba6 100644
--- a/src/unexelf.c
+++ b/src/unexelf.c
@@ -846,7 +846,7 @@ unexec (const char *new_name, const char *old_name)
        if ((OLD_SECTION_H (old_bss_index)).sh_addralign > alignment)
      alignment = OLD_SECTION_H (old_bss_index).sh_addralign;

-#ifdef __sgi
+#if defined __sgi || defined __ppc64le__ || defined __ppc64__
        /* According to [email-masked] (Karsten Kuenne)
           and [email-masked] (Alexandre Oliva), on IRIX 5.2, we
           always get "Program segment above .bss" when dumping
$

Here is a full backtrace executed on PPC64LE
[phracek@ibm-p8-generic-01-le02 src]$ gdb ./temacs
GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6.1-77.el7
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later 
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc64le-redhat-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/temacs...done.
warning: File "/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/.gdbinit" 
auto-loading has been declined by your `auto-load safe-path' set to 
"$debugdir:$datadir/auto-load:/usr/bin/mono-gdb.py".
To enable execution of this file add
     add-auto-load-safe-path 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/.gdbinit
line to your configuration file "/home/phracek/.gdbinit".
To completely disable this security protection add
     set auto-load safe-path /
line to your configuration file "/home/phracek/.gdbinit".
For more information about this security protection see the
"Auto-loading safe path" section in the GDB manual.  E.g., run from the 
shell:
     info "(gdb)Auto-loading safe path"
(gdb) r --batch --load loadup bootstrap
Starting program: /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/./temacs 
--batch --load loadup bootstrap
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/power8/libthread_db.so.1".
Missing separate debuginfo for /lib64/libgraphite2.so.3
Try: yum --enablerepo='*debug*' install 
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/e9/5fc84879c010f61707b626f366fc81ffc976f6.debug
process 20712 is executing new program: 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/temacs
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install 
GConf2-3.2.6-8.el7.ppc64le ImageMagick-6.7.8.9-10.el7.ppc64le 
alsa-lib-1.0.28-2.el7.ppc64le at-spi2-atk-2.8.1-4.el7.ppc64le 
at-spi2-core-2.8.0-6.el7.ppc64le atk-2.14.0-1.el7.ppc64le 
bzip2-libs-1.0.6-13.el7.ppc64le cairo-1.14.2-1.el7.ppc64le 
cairo-gobject-1.14.2-1.el7.ppc64le dbus-glib-0.100-7.el7.ppc64le 
dbus-libs-1.6.12-13.el7.ppc64le expat-2.1.0-8.el7.ppc64le 
fontconfig-2.10.95-7.el7.ppc64le freetype-2.4.11-11.el7.ppc64le 
gdk-pixbuf2-2.31.1-1.el7.ppc64le giflib-4.1.6-9.el7.ppc64le 
glib2-2.42.2-3.el7.ppc64le glibc-2.17-103.el7.ppc64le 
gmp-6.0.0-11.el7.ppc64le gnutls-3.3.8-13.el7.ppc64le 
gtk3-3.14.13-13.el7.ppc64le harfbuzz-0.9.36-1.el7.ppc64le 
jbigkit-libs-2.0-11.el7.ppc64le keyutils-libs-1.5.8-3.el7.ppc64le 
krb5-libs-1.13.2-3.el7.ppc64le libICE-1.0.9-2.el7.ppc64le 
libSM-1.2.2-2.el7.ppc64le libX11-1.6.3-2.el7.ppc64le 
libXau-1.0.8-2.1.el7.ppc64le libXcomposite-0.4.4-4.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXcursor-1.1.14-2.1.el7.ppc64le libXdamage-1.1.4-4.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXext-1.3.3-3.el7.ppc64le libXfixes-5.0.1-2.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXft-2.3.2-2.el7.ppc64le libXi-1.7.4-2.el7.ppc64le 
libXinerama-1.1.3-2.1.el7.ppc64le libXpm-3.5.11-3.el7.ppc64le 
libXrandr-1.4.2-2.el7.ppc64le libXrender-0.9.8-2.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXt-1.1.4-6.1.el7.ppc64le libXxf86vm-1.1.3-2.1.el7.ppc64le 
libcom_err-1.42.9-7.el7.ppc64le libcroco-0.6.8-5.el7.ppc64le 
libdrm-2.4.60-3.el7.ppc64le libffi-3.0.13-16.el7.ppc64le 
libgcc-4.8.5-4.el7.ppc64le libgomp-4.8.5-4.el7.ppc64le 
libjpeg-turbo-1.2.90-5.el7.ppc64le libotf-0.9.13-4.el7.ppc64le 
libpng-1.5.13-5.el7.ppc64le librsvg2-2.39.0-1.el7.ppc64le 
libselinux-2.2.2-6.el7.ppc64le libtasn1-3.8-2.el7.ppc64le 
libthai-0.1.14-9.el7.ppc64le libtiff-4.0.3-14.el7.ppc64le 
libtool-ltdl-2.4.2-20.el7.ppc64le libuuid-2.23.2-24.el7.ppc64le 
libxcb-1.11-4.el7.ppc64le libxml2-2.9.1-5.el7_1.2.ppc64le 
libxshmfence-1.2-1.el7.ppc64le m17n-lib-1.6.4-14.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libEGL-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libGL-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libgbm-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libglapi-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
ncurses-libs-5.9-13.20130511.el7.ppc64le nettle-2.7.1-4.el7.ppc64le 
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-42.el7_1.9.ppc64le p11-kit-0.20.7-3.el7.ppc64le 
pango-1.36.8-2.el7.ppc64le pcre-8.32-15.el7.ppc64le 
pixman-0.32.6-3.el7.ppc64le trousers-0.3.13-1.el7.ppc64le 
xz-libs-5.1.2-10alpha.el7.ppc64le zlib-1.2.7-15.el7.ppc64le
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/power8/libthread_db.so.1".
Missing separate debuginfo for /lib64/libgraphite2.so.3
Try: yum --enablerepo='*debug*' install 
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/e9/5fc84879c010f61707b626f366fc81ffc976f6.debug
Loading loadup.el (source)...
Using load-path (/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/textmodes)
Loading emacs-lisp/byte-run (source)...
Loading emacs-lisp/backquote (source)...
Loading subr (source)...
Loading version (source)...
Loading widget (source)...
Loading custom (source)...
Loading emacs-lisp/map-ynp (source)...
Loading international/mule (source)...
Loading international/mule-conf (source)...
Loading env (source)...
Loading format (source)...
Loading bindings (source)...
Loading cus-start (source)...
Loading window (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/files.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/pcase.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/macroexp.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/cus-face.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/faces.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/button.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/startup.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/ldefs-boot.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/minibuffer.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/abbrev.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/simple.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/help.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/jka-cmpr-hook.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/epa-hook.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international/mule-cmds.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/case-table.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international/charprop.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international/characters.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/composite.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/chinese.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/cyrillic.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/indian.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/sinhala.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/english.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/ethiopic.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/european.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/czech.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/slovak.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/romanian.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/greek.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/hebrew.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/japanese.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international/cp51932.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international/eucjp-ms.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/korean.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/lao.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/tai-viet.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/thai.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/tibetan.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/vietnamese.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/misc-lang.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/utf-8-lang.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/georgian.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/khmer.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/burmese.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/language/cham.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/indent.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/frame.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/term/tty-colors.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/font-core.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/facemenu.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/syntax.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/font-lock.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/jit-lock.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/mouse.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/scroll-bar.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/select.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/timer.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/isearch.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/rfn-eshadow.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/menu-bar.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/textmodes/page.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/register.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp-mode.el 
(source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/textmodes/text-mode.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/textmodes/fill.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/newcomment.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/replace.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/buff-menu.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/fringe.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/regexp-opt.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/image.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/international/fontset.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/dnd.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/tool-bar.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/dynamic-setting.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/x-dnd.el (source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/term/common-win.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/term/x-win.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/mwheel.el (source)...
Loading 
/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/float-sup.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/vc/vc-hooks.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/vc/ediff-hook.el 
(source)...
Loading /home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/lisp/tooltip.el (source)...
Finding pointers to doc strings...
Finding pointers to doc strings...done
Dumping under the name emacs

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00003fffb5a9a870 in strcmp () from /lib64/power8/libc.so.6
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install 
GConf2-3.2.6-8.el7.ppc64le ImageMagick-6.7.8.9-10.el7.ppc64le 
OpenEXR-libs-1.7.1-7.el7.ppc64le alsa-lib-1.0.28-2.el7.ppc64le 
at-spi2-atk-2.8.1-4.el7.ppc64le at-spi2-core-2.8.0-6.el7.ppc64le 
atk-2.14.0-1.el7.ppc64le avahi-libs-0.6.31-15.el7.ppc64le 
bzip2-libs-1.0.6-13.el7.ppc64le cairo-1.14.2-1.el7.ppc64le 
cairo-gobject-1.14.2-1.el7.ppc64le cups-libs-1.6.3-22.el7.ppc64le 
dbus-glib-0.100-7.el7.ppc64le dbus-libs-1.6.12-13.el7.ppc64le 
expat-2.1.0-8.el7.ppc64le fontconfig-2.10.95-7.el7.ppc64le 
freetype-2.4.11-11.el7.ppc64le gdk-pixbuf2-2.31.1-1.el7.ppc64le 
ghostscript-9.07-18.el7.ppc64le giflib-4.1.6-9.el7.ppc64le 
glib2-2.42.2-3.el7.ppc64le glibc-2.17-103.el7.ppc64le 
gmp-6.0.0-11.el7.ppc64le gnutls-3.3.8-13.el7.ppc64le 
gtk3-3.14.13-13.el7.ppc64le harfbuzz-0.9.36-1.el7.ppc64le 
ilmbase-1.0.3-7.el7.ppc64le jasper-libs-1.900.1-29.el7.ppc64le 
jbigkit-libs-2.0-11.el7.ppc64le keyutils-libs-1.5.8-3.el7.ppc64le 
krb5-libs-1.13.2-3.el7.ppc64le lcms2-2.6-2.el7.ppc64le 
libICE-1.0.9-2.el7.ppc64le libSM-1.2.2-2.el7.ppc64le 
libX11-1.6.3-2.el7.ppc64le libXau-1.0.8-2.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXcomposite-0.4.4-4.1.el7.ppc64le libXcursor-1.1.14-2.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXdamage-1.1.4-4.1.el7.ppc64le libXext-1.3.3-3.el7.ppc64le 
libXfixes-5.0.1-2.1.el7.ppc64le libXft-2.3.2-2.el7.ppc64le 
libXi-1.7.4-2.el7.ppc64le libXinerama-1.1.3-2.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXpm-3.5.11-3.el7.ppc64le libXrandr-1.4.2-2.el7.ppc64le 
libXrender-0.9.8-2.1.el7.ppc64le libXt-1.1.4-6.1.el7.ppc64le 
libXxf86vm-1.1.3-2.1.el7.ppc64le libcom_err-1.42.9-7.el7.ppc64le 
libcroco-0.6.8-5.el7.ppc64le libdrm-2.4.60-3.el7.ppc64le 
libffi-3.0.13-16.el7.ppc64le libgcc-4.8.5-4.el7.ppc64le 
libgomp-4.8.5-4.el7.ppc64le libjpeg-turbo-1.2.90-5.el7.ppc64le 
libotf-0.9.13-4.el7.ppc64le libpng-1.5.13-5.el7.ppc64le 
librsvg2-2.39.0-1.el7.ppc64le libselinux-2.2.2-6.el7.ppc64le 
libstdc++-4.8.5-4.el7.ppc64le libtasn1-3.8-2.el7.ppc64le 
libthai-0.1.14-9.el7.ppc64le libtiff-4.0.3-14.el7.ppc64le 
libtool-ltdl-2.4.2-20.el7.ppc64le libuuid-2.23.2-24.el7.ppc64le 
libwmf-lite-0.2.8.4-41.el7.ppc64le libxcb-1.11-4.el7.ppc64le 
libxml2-2.9.1-5.el7_1.2.ppc64le libxshmfence-1.2-1.el7.ppc64le 
m17n-lib-1.6.4-14.el7.ppc64le mesa-libEGL-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libGL-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libgbm-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
mesa-libglapi-10.6.0-1.20150616.el7.ppc64le 
ncurses-libs-5.9-13.20130511.el7.ppc64le nettle-2.7.1-4.el7.ppc64le 
nss-softokn-freebl-3.16.2.3-13.el7.ppc64le 
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-42.el7_1.9.ppc64le p11-kit-0.20.7-3.el7.ppc64le 
pango-1.36.8-2.el7.ppc64le pcre-8.32-15.el7.ppc64le 
pixman-0.32.6-3.el7.ppc64le trousers-0.3.13-1.el7.ppc64le 
xz-libs-5.1.2-10alpha.el7.ppc64le zlib-1.2.7-15.el7.ppc64le
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00003fffb5a9a870 in strcmp () at /lib64/power8/libc.so.6
#1  0x00000000101e59b0 in unexec (new_name=0x11539408 
"/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/emacs", old_name=0x11539458 
"/home/phracek/rpmbuild/BUILD/emacs-24.3/src/temacs") at unexelf.c:1258
         __s2_len = 5
Python Exception <class 'gdb.error'> value has been optimized out:
#2  0x000000001010f56c in Fdump_emacs (filename=289654417, 
symfile=<optimized out>) at emacs.c:2030
         tem = 275040722
         symbol = <optimized out>
         count = 16
#3  0x00000000101a0cb0 in eval_sub (form=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2146
         numargs = <optimized out>
         args_left = 275040722
         i = <optimized out>
         maxargs = <optimized out>
         argvals = {289656433, 289656401, 3847442579264832256, 
275557446, 274726840, 274726720, 65535, 2}
         fun = <optimized out>
         val = <optimized out>
         original_fun = <optimized out>
         original_args = 276286822
         funcar = <optimized out>
         backtrace = {next = 0x3fffffffdf10, function = 275200210, args 
= 0x3fffffffddc8, nargs = 2, debug_on_exit = 0}
         gcpro3 = {next = <optimized out>, var = 0x3fffffffddc8, nvars = 
<optimized out>}
#4  0x00000000101a10f0 in Fprogn (args=276286790) at eval.c:360
         val = <optimized out>
#5  0x00000000101a0cd4 in eval_sub (form=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2143
         numargs = <optimized out>
         args_left = 275842342
         i = <optimized out>
         maxargs = <optimized out>
         argvals = {270935272, 70368744169668, 3847442579264832256, 40, 
274726840, 274726720, 65535, 2}
         fun = <optimized out>
         val = <optimized out>
         original_fun = <optimized out>
         original_args = 275842342
         funcar = <optimized out>
         backtrace = {next = 0x3fffffffe050, function = 275158770, args 
= 0x3fffffffdf08, nargs = -1, debug_on_exit = 0}
         gcpro3 = <optimized out>
#6  0x00000000101a0cd4 in eval_sub (form=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2143
         numargs = <optimized out>
         args_left = 275742310
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
         i = <optimized out>
         maxargs = <optimized out>
         argvals = {4611686018427781120, 275359153, 274726352, 
274722720, 275153618, 70368744169760, 8704, 270331440}
         fun = <optimized out>
         val = <optimized out>
         original_fun = <optimized out>
         original_args = 275742310
         funcar = <optimized out>
         backtrace = {next = 0x3fffffffe4c0, function = 275158674, args 
= 0x3fffffffe048, nargs = -1, debug_on_exit = 0}
         gcpro3 = <optimized out>
#7  0x00000000101cfebc in readevalloop (readcharfun=275153618, 
stream=0x1069ab70, sourcename=275359153, printflag=false, 
unibyte=<optimized out>, readfun=275040722, start=275040722, 
end=275040722) at lread.c:1843
         count1 = 16
         c = <optimized out>
         val = 275014982
         count = 12
         b = <optimized out>
         continue_reading_p = <optimized out>
         lex_bound = <optimized out>
         whole_buffer = <optimized out>
         first_sexp = <optimized out>
         macroexpand = 275040722
#8  0x00000000101d0c44 in Fload (file=275358897, noerror=<optimized 
out>, nomessage=275040722, nosuffix=<optimized out>, 
must_suffix=<optimized out>)
     at lread.c:1323
         stream = 0x1069ab70
         fd = 8
         count = <optimized out>
         found = 275359089
         efound = <optimized out>
         hist_file_name = 275359153
         newer = false
         compiled = false
         handler = <optimized out>
         safe_p = true
         fmode = 0x1024f8d8 "r"
         tmp = {275040722, 275359121}
         version = 0
#9  0x00000000101a0c2c in eval_sub (form=275278038) at eval.c:2157
         numargs = <optimized out>
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
         args_left = 275040722
         i = <optimized out>
         maxargs = <optimized out>
         argvals = {275358897, 275040722, 275040722, 275040722, 
275040722, 8, 8, 8}
         fun = <optimized out>
         val = <optimized out>
         original_fun = <optimized out>
         original_args = 275278022
         funcar = <optimized out>
         backtrace = {next = 0x0, function = 275153330, args = 
0x3fffffffe4e8, nargs = 1, debug_on_exit = 0}
         gcpro3 = {next = <optimized out>, var = 0x3fffffffe4e8, nvars = 
<optimized out>}
#10 0x00000000101a5700 in Feval (form=275278038, lexical=<optimized 
out>) at eval.c:2005
         count = 2
#11 0x0000000010110950 in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1177
#12 0x000000001019f5b0 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10110920 
<top_level_2>, handlers=275092338, hfun=0x10117320 <cmd_error>) at 
eval.c:1289
         val = <optimized out>
         c =
           {tag = 275040722, val = 275040722, next = 0x3fffffffea00, 
gcpro = 0x0, jmp = {{__jmpbuf = {-6181340983961323271, 271285936, 
-6181391837160413119, 0, 0, 270888592, 270888568, 270880352, 270889936, 
274726352, 274710728, 274723048, 274710698, 274710684, 274711224, 
274710698, 269551504, 269551664, 274726440, 274726352, 0, 
2449960692665548799, 0 <repeats 42 times>}, __mask_was_saved = 0, 
__saved_mask = {__val = {0, 270888592, 270888568, 270880352, 270889936, 
274726352, 274710728, 274723048, 274710698, 274710684, 274711224, 
274710698, 271255160, 0, 268489320, 274726352}}}}, backlist = 0x0, 
handlerlist = 0x0, lisp_eval_depth = 0, pdlcount = 2, 
poll_suppress_count = 1, interrupt_input_blocked = 0, byte_stack = 0x0}
         h = {handler = 275092338, var = 275040722, chosen_clause = 
70367480143752, tag = 0x3fffffffe660, next = 0x0}
#13 0x00000000101108f0 in top_level_1 (ignore=<optimized out>) at 
keyboard.c:1185
#14 0x000000001019f41c in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>, 
func=0x10110830 <top_level_1>, arg=275040722) at eval.c:1060
         c =
           {tag = 275088178, val = 275040722, next = 0x0, gcpro = 0x0, 
jmp = {{__jmpbuf = {-6181340983961324327, 271285936, 
-6181391837160411403, 0, 0, 270888592, 270888568, 270880352, 270889936, 
274726352, 274710728, 274723048, 274710698, 274710684, 274711224, 
274710698, 269551504, 269551664, 274726440, 274726352, 274726584, 
2449960692665548799, 0 <repeats 42 times>}, __mask_was_saved = 0, 
__saved_mask = {__val = {0, 0, 274722720, 275040722, 274726840, 
275260976, 275260978, 70368744172800, 279248, 270152068, 0, 0, 
274722720, 9, 275358896, 274722720}}}}, backlist = 0x0, handlerlist = 
0x0, lisp_eval_depth = 0, pdlcount = 2, poll_suppress_count = 1, 
interrupt_input_blocked = 0, byte_stack = 0x0}
#15 0x0000000010116a30 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:1146
         count = <optimized out>
         val = 274726440
#16 0x0000000010116a30 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:779
         count = <optimized out>
         val = 274726440
#17 0x0000000010116fe0 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:843
         count = 0
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
         buffer = 275040722
#18 0x00000000100176a8 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized 
out>) at emacs.c:1528
         dummy = 70367536210272
         stack_bottom_variable = 0 '\000'
         do_initial_setlocale = <optimized out>
         dumping = <optimized out>
         skip_args = 3
         rlim = {rlim_cur = 8720000, rlim_max = 18446744073709551615}
         no_loadup = false
         junk = 0x0
         dname_arg = 0x0
         ch_to_dir = 0x3fffffffee80 ""
(gdb)

-- 
Petr Hracek
Software Engineer
Developer Experience
Red Hat, Inc
Mob: +420777056169
email: [email-masked]