Subject: bug#20611: 24.4; mutt slow in ansi-term

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 16:27:10 +0300

> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 23:04:02 +1200
> 
> On 16/04/16 13:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I installed a change to force bidi-paragraph-direction to the
>  > 'left-to-right' value.  Please try the latest emacs-25 branch,
>  > and if the problem is fixed, please close the bug.
> 
> I've encountered this issue on a number of occasions, so I was
> extremely happy to find this solution (which is very effective).
> I've run into it with interactive Debian package configuration,
> to offer another example besides mutt.
> 
> e.g.: sudo dpkg-reconfigure postfix
> 
> I compiled the current emacs-25 branch and the problem was still
> in effect, however: bidi-paragraph-direction is not being set to
> 'left-to-right automatically.

In "ansi-term" mode or in some other mode?  I only fixed the former,
and the code is definitely there in the current emacs-25 branch.
Don't you see it in the function ansi-term?