Subject: bug#20611: 24.4; mutt slow in ansi-term

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:56:19 +0300

> From: Alexis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:52:44 +1000
> 
> 
> Mark Hindley <[email-masked]> writes:
>  
> >> How about leaving bidi-display-reordering at its default, and 
> >> instead setting bidi-paragraph-direction to left-to-right?
> >
> > That also solves the issue for me.
> 
> For me also.

Thanks.  So we know how to fix this.  However, I'm curious why these
variables have such a profound effect.  Can you show a screenshot of a
ansi-term display that behaves sluggishly, and also tell how many
lines and how many characters are there in the buffer which is in
ansi-term mode?

Thanks.