Subject: bug#20603: Possible bug in cp

From: Chris Puttick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 14:04:20 +0100

Hi

In moment of tiredness issued a cp command similar to

cp /path/to/files/*

neglecting to add a destination (should have been ./)

The files in the directory were 2 vdisks both ending .qcow2.

No error message was generated and the apparent result of running the
command is that the file whose name came first alphabetically was
copied over the other.

The installed OS on the machine was Ubuntu 12.04 and cp version 7.4.

I can provide more details on request.

Regards

Chris

-- 
@putt1ck
putt1ck.blogspot.com
http://twoten.is
skype: putt1ck

Opinions in this email are my own and may not reflect that of my
clients, past employers, associates, friends, family, pets etc..