Subject: Re: ‘unlinkat’ bug in Linux 4.0.2 leads to tar test failure

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 14:55:06 +0200

(Please keep [email-masked] copied.)

Andy Patterson <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> hydra.gnu.org is unfortunately too often overloaded these days, so you
>> probably arrived on a bad day.  Nevertheless, the solution to this
>> specific issue is for you to use substitutes to circumvent the bug
>> described below.
>
> It seems to always be busy for me; I tried on different days and at
> different times of day, but always got stuck at the same place. I
> believe that disabling substitutes will essentially be a requirement if
> I want to install Guix, until the server becomes available again.

hydra.gnu.org is occasionally very slow, but it’s available most of the
time.  If you never managed to get anything from it, could it be that
there’s something else preventing you from accessing it, such as an
incorrect network configuration or firewall rules?

Thanks,
Ludo’.